Since the Photography Department was set up in 1972, the Arts Décoratifs have owned a first-rate collection, which is in line with its policy and complements the resources of the museums’ Documentation Center. The Photo Library’s activities and distribution policy publicize the museums’ collections and increase the impact of the decorative arts.
Regularly enriched, the collection includes:
• 90,000 colour and black white photos of works in various formats.
• 350,000 heritage photographs on all kinds of supports dating back to the origins of photography.
• photo-reports on the exhibitions organised by Les Arts Décoratifs since 1972.
A commercial service is available for the public.
The photo library invites you to download the following documents:
• order form (to be printed out, filled in and sent to the photo library of the Arts Décoratifs - available in French only)
• rates, estimates and conditions of payment
• filming and photography permits
• terms and conditions (available in french only)
The Photo Library
111, rue de Rivoli
Phone: +33 (0)1 44 55 57 76
Fax: +33 (0)1 44 55 57 94
Consultations at the library, from Monday to Friday, by appointment only.