Le 61 rue de Monceau, l’autre hôtel Camondo

from 17 October 2019 to 15 March 2020

Coming from Constantinople and settled in Paris in 1869, Count Abraham-Béhor de Camondo (1829-1889) and his brother Nissim (1830-1889) chose to settle with their family on the edge of Parc Monceau. The southern periphery of the park was then subdivided by the Pereire brothers in order to build prestigious private mansions. In June 1870, they acquired two adjoining lots at 61 and 63 rue de Monceau.

The exhibition presented by the Musée Nissim de Camondo unveils, from 17 October 2019 to 15 March 2020, a selection of documents and recent acquisitions that provide detailed information on the architecture, decoration and furnishing of this exceptional residence that Count Abraham-Béhor had built by the architect Denis-Louis Destors (1816-1882) at 61, rue de Monceau.