This room’s decor comes from the Hôtel de Rochegude in Avignon. Although the mansion has kept the name of Pierre-Joseph Robert d’Aquéria de Rochegude, who acquired it in 1732, it was built and decorated prior to this date.
The decor, dismantled in the late 19th century, consists of panelling and a ceiling painted on canvas. It was acquired by the Musée des Arts Décoratifs from the Parisian antique dealer Achille Leclercq in 1891. Installed in the permanent collection, it constituted one of the museum’s very first period rooms.