The buildings stand on either side of the entrance porch on rue de Monceau. The garage in the left wing, recently restored as a venue for special events, can be accessed directly from the street, through a large gate. A sliding door opens onto a courtyard that was originally partially glassed-in, where the cars could be washed and serviced.
The repair workshop was in the basement, and the chauffeur-mechanics’ apartments were upstairs.
Moïse de Camondo was fascinated by technology and mechanics. He had a passion for motor cars and was a great traveler with a love of speed. When he moved into rue de Monceau in 1914, he put five cars in the garage: a Renault landaulet and limousine, a coupé and a Panhard Double Phaeton and limousine.
The stables, in the right wing, used to accommodate nine horses. The ceiling – a metal structure with small brick vaults – and the wood paneling and ceramic tiles on the walls have been preserved.
On the other side of the stables is a glassed-in courtyard which used to be a grooming room; it connects with the covered passageway under the Great Staircase in the mansion. Vehicles entered through the archway to the right of the facade and exited via a private driveway leading to the Boulevard Malesherbes. Guests were thus sheltered from the elements when alighting from their cars to enter the Hall.
These areas are not accessible to visitors.