Since the Photography Department was set up in 1972, the MAD have owned a first-rate collection, which is in line with its policy and complements the resources of the museums’ Documentation Center. The Photo Library’s activities and distribution policy advertise the museums’ collections and increase the impact of the decorative arts.
Regularly enriched, the collection includes:
• 90,000 colour and black white photos of works in various formats,
• 350,000 heritage photographs on all kinds of supports dating back to the origins of photography,
• photo-reports on the exhibitions organised by the MAD since 1972.
A commercial service is available for the public.
The photo library invites you to download the following documents:
• order form (to be printed out, filled in and sent to the photo library of the MAD)
• rates, estimates and conditions of payment
• filming and photography permits
• terms and conditions
Metro train stations: Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre, Tuileries, Pyramides
Bus: 21, 27, 39, 48, 68, 72, 81, 95
Parkings: Carrousel du Louvre, rue des Pyramides