Each piece in the set resembles a lidded urn and is decorated with a band featuring garlands of flowers in biscuit porcelain and medallions with grisaille figures of children or polychrome landscapes, on a lapis blue ground sprinkled with gold flowers. Each piece has a neck decorated with acanthus leaves, a gadrooned stem and a circular fluted foot. The clock is also decorated with two biscuit porcelain female mask heads. The clock movement is signed by Arnoud Père, a clockmaker working in Nancy. The piece bears the mark with two crowned C’s for the Comte de Custine, owner of the Niderviller factory from 1770 to 1793.